Today 1 group from room 8 read a book called trust you must trust your parents, grand parents, cousins, uncle and aunt and your friends do not trust strangers.
Thursday, 31 August 2017
Tuesday, 29 August 2017
We are learning to identify the relationship between equivalent fractions.
What is 1/4 of 4? 1
What is ¼ of 8? 2
What is ⅓ of 6? 2
What is 2/6 of 12? 4
What is ¼ of 20 ? 5
What is 1/10 of 20 2
I have 5/16 of a cake at a birthday party. I keep going back for more and eat another 6/16 of a cake. What fraction of a cake have I eaten altogether?176/256
I have 10/21 of a cake left over from the party. Then I give 6/21 of a cake to my sisters. What fraction of a cake do I have left over?90/441
½ + 3/4 = 10/8
2/6 + ⅔ = 18/18
⅕ + 2/10 = 20/50
2/6 + 4/12 =48/72
2/5 + 3/15 = 45/75
1/9 + 1/18 =26/162
2/9 + 4/18 =72/162
Friday 25th August Room 10 and yr 6’s from room 8 went to kiwi can we have a theme and a topic the topic is self control. We used it as our topic because we need to learn how to control our negative emotions and of course our positive emotions because once you so pumped up that you might start doing the wrong thing and start getting crazy. Resilience we used that as our theme because you should never give up achieving your highest keep saying never give up and will achieve everything.
First we did our energizer if you do not know what energizer it is our first activity we play it is a warm up so we can stay fit and strong. The activity was called musical bum’s it sounds kinda funny but that is name of the game how do you play musical bum’s? Well basically here are the steps about how to play musical bum’s?
- Someone plays a random music and everyone dances(whoever does not dance is eliminated)
- Once the music stops everyone has to sit on their bottoms.
- last one to sit on their bottoms is eliminated.
Next we talked about self control a lot of people had a lot of answers people said you need to control your emotions which is a big thing because once you get angry you will start breaking things and even you could be rude to your family members. What should you do? Well you can stay away from your family members and your friends so you will not hurt, lock yourself in your room, Go for a walk or for a drive and you can pray if you go to church.
After that we went to our activity this time it was not a warm up it was real the activity we played was called defender here are the steps of how to play defender.
- It is a rolling game so you get and ball and roll it in the floor and you have to spread your legs( if you do a trick of rolling the ball through your legs you're out)
- You have to go in a circle with your legs spread.
- You have to try and roll the ball through someone’s legs so they can be eliminated.
Finally we are finished with kiwi can and we do the points and there are five container’s put our rocks in Participation, Team work, Encouragement, Positive attitude and respect we have put five rocks in each container so it can make 25 if you do bad that means you might get 24 or 23. Then at the end of the term they add the points all together and whoever get’s the most points get’s a shared lunch with kiwi can and it is an experience i will never forget.
Monday, 28 August 2017
Tuesday, 22 August 2017
How to make a sandwich
We are learning to follow the structure of a procedural text.
What is a sandwich?
A sandwich is a healthy food for you and your family to eat. you can use it for your lunch and you can share your sandwich with your friends. You can put meat in it, but let’s start eating healthy.
What you need
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Egg
Steps - add detail, use time words like first and next, use ‘you’ not ‘I’’
- First you will need is 2 freshly cooked slices of bread. Get the butter and butter the bread.
- Next get one of the breads and put cheese, tomatoes and lettuce on the bread.
- After that fry the egg so it could be flat and ready to be put on the sandwich.
- Then when the egg is ready put it on the sandwich add a little bit of ketchup and then you are done.
- Finally get the second bread and put it in the top of the sandwich now eat it.